Music and Time|
Thematic focus of the journal
Monthly Scientific Journal «Music and Time» themed covers a wide range of issues and publishes scientific, educational, methodical and methodological materials and reviews in the field of the history of music as an art form, history and theory of music culture in the light of various ethnic traditions, forms of musical activities (including the composer , interpretive, educational, scientific, theoretical, journalistic, etc.). Particular attention is paid to the general and special music theory, philosophy, music, psychology of music, the culture aspect of musical activities (relating to research involving human problems in the world of culture, in the social and cultural creativity), types of music in the functioning of society, etc.
The journal publishes articles in which:
- Provides a historical analysis of the formation and development of musical culture in its historical, cultural, and application context;
- Sets out the results of the author (s) survey, which showed an impact on the cultural process of previously unknown facts of music history;
- Examines the theory and practice of performing and pedagogical innovations, representing the scientific and historical value;
- Deals with the history and development of science and performing schools and trends, the role of their founders - the leading performers and theorists (musicologists, historians, culture) - in the development of world music culture, the establishment and validation of theoretical concepts in the development of new methods of applied study of musical culture;
- Provides a summary of the historical and scientific material to recreate a complete picture of the formation and development of individual and related sciences, exploring the musical aesthetics, semiotics, source, psychology, art, music cultural studies, theory and history of the musical language, the theory and practice of performance, music education, and so on. etc.;
- The questions of the history and development of music societies and organizations;
- Sets out the results of the author (s) of research in the special theory of music in the assembly of its disciplines: melody, rhythm, harmony, polyphony (counterpoint), theory and analysis of musical forms, art compositions instrumentovedeniya: orchestration and theory of orchestral styles, history of theoretical exercise;
- The results of research challenges the classification of the sciences of music, tracks the evolution of the areas of scientific knowledge;
- Developed the theory, methodology or practical guide to study the artifacts of culture, defined a set of principles, methods and techniques of research, aimed at achieving academic goals and objectives;
- Presented research results on the study of theoretical concepts of culture, certain areas of national and world science about culture;
- The results of the study of certain problems of the world music culture and ways of learning.
Categories magazine: Theory, History, Musical Cultural Studies, Performing Arts, Educational workshop, Folklore, Music archeology, conferences, concerts and festivals, music theater, new music, creative portrait, works by contemporary composers, Bookshelf, In memoriam, we write.